JAHM 2023: Unity Through Diversity
Sunday, May 21, 2023
Sunday, May 21st, 2023
9am PDT | 12pm EDT | 5pm GMT | 6pm CET | 7pm IDT
Free on Zoom, with required registration
Donate today to support future Jewish American Heritage Month programming
For two hours the Jewish world will come together to experience what we have in common while sharing the unique manifestations.
Dancers, singers, communal and global leaders, chefs, and more will provide a virtual taste of the celebration of Jewish diversity. This year, Unity Through Diversity is shining a spotlight on the binding force of Shabbat. Whether it’s chulent, hamin, kubbanneh, oriza, salmorejo, hraimeh, or any other festive meal you make, Shabbat holds a special place in the Jewish world. To date 23 organizations have come together to partner in unity.
The first hour will focus on Jewish American Heritage. Out of a virtual studio, presenters from across the United States will share the unique nature of the American Jewish mosaic. People around the world will be watching from their homes and small group watch parties. The first hour will include, among others:
• Dr. Misha Galperin, President and CEO, Weitzman National Museum of American jewish History
• William Daroff, Chief Executive Officer, Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations
• Yinam Cohen, Counsel General of Israel in Chicago
• Jason Guberman, Executive Director, American Sephardi Federation
• Malcolm Hoenlein, Executive Vice Chairman, Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations
• Rabbi Marc Angel, Rabbi Emeritus, Congregation Shearith Israel; Founder & Director, Institute for Jewish Ideas and Ideals
• Jackie Barzvi, Founder, Mizrahi Dance Archives
• Sephardi House Fellows, American Sephardi Federation
• Jewish Language Project, Hebrew Union College
• OneTable, Shabbat Together
• Rabbi Yosef Zarnighian, Rabbi, Mikveh Israel, Philadelphia
• Rabbi Moshe Tessone, Yeshiva University
The second global hour will include, among others:
• Amichai Chikli, Minister of Diaspora Affairs and Social Equality, Israel
• Yaakov Hagoel, Chairperson of the World Zionist Organization
• Dr. Hélène Jawhara Piñer, Chef and Scholar, France
• Hazzan Daniel Benlolo, Spanish and Portuguese Synagogue of Montreal
• Rabbanit Oshra Koren, founder, Matan HaSharon, Israel
• Osnat Sharabi Braidman, choreographer, Israel
• Levana Zamir, Historian – Union des Juifs d’Egypte en Israel
• Mati Seri, Actor, Presenter, Singer, and Author, Israel
• Nicole Borger, IMJ Brasil
• Dr. Rachel Yadid, E’eleh BeTamar, Israel
It is a declaration to future generations that together we are stronger by embracing our unique colors.
This May 21, create a watch party, partner with us, or take it all in from home and share in this rich program of Jewish Unity Through Diversity.
To become a sponsor and/or share your watch party information: firstname.lastname@example.org
This program is organized by ASF Institute of Jewish Experience. An Official Program of Jewish American Heritage Month (JAHM).